Sunday 30 March 2014

A dedication to my mum

In my 30th year, I've thought a lot about family. My mum (or maman for us part frenchies) is a huge influencer in my life and I have her to thank for a lot of my personality and outlook.

Maman is incredibly creative (something which I have been trying to emulate recently) and loves learning. For most of my life she's been studying and has completed two masters degrees and is currently doing her PhD. We'll have a Dr in the family in a couple of years!

She still lives in the village where I went to primary school, the place where I was married from (although not in the same house) and it's lovely to be back when I infrequently make the journey back. 

I'm visiting this weekend, for Mothering Sunday, and it's been fab to catch up, have nice meals, and go shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment